Chrome on my Ubuntu keep hitting 100% CPU-usage after an update.
- I check Chrome Task Manager, where the
Browsertask keep hitting 100% CPU usage.
- The sympton persist even as I closed all the tabs.
- I disabled all extensions
- I sign out from Chrome
- I try uninstall and reinstall without deleting the configuration, the system still persist
The only way to fix the 100% CPU usage into uninstall Chrome, delete the configuration files and reinstall Chrome.
sudo apt-get purge google-chrome-stable
Delete Chrome configuration files
rm ~/.config/google-chrome/ -rf
Visit https://www.google.com/chrome/ using another browser
64 bit .deb (For Debian/Ubuntu)
Accept and Install
- I am using Lubuntu, so it promts
Open with GDebi Package Installer(might differ if you are using Ubuntu) and continue to install the package.