There are a few passive ways to monetize your blog
- Affliate links
- Community Support/Donation
If you decide not to put Advertisement on your blog, you could consider a support/donation link.
Buy Me A Coffee
- Sample Page
- Setup Cost: None
- Minimum Withdrawal Amount: No minimum if you have a Stripe account, else $25 minimum threshold via Payoneer
- Fee: 5%
NOTE: Ko-fi is a similar service
- Sample Page
- Setup Cost: None (can be done with Personal account)
- Minimum Withdrawal Amount: Payment are paid directly into your payment account. Paypal Withdrawal.
- Fee: 4.4% + $0.30 - International, 2.9% + $0.30 - Within US (Paypal Seller Fee), fees might varried depending on payment currency.
NOTE: You can create a PayPal Donate button as well. Donate button locked in the currency, but it does provide an option to donate monthly.
NOTE: The major advantage of PayPal is that it allow payment from people who doesn’t have a credit card.
NOTE: Refer to Micropayment Fees.
Technically, you can create a wallet and shared the receive payment address (or QR Code) to receive payment.
NOTE: Crytocurrency is a broad and sometimes complex topic. Do take note of some security/privacy best practices.
- Free Software Foundation
- Internet Archive
- Electronic Frontier Foundation
- Wikimedia Foundation
NOTE: Refer to Recurring Subscription Payment for Blog.