and Cloud Functions for Firebase client SDK
Google Cloud Functions
- This is the primary serverless product on Google Cloud Platform
- Currently support Node.js, Python and Go Runtime
- Support event by Cloud Pub/Sub, Cloud Storage, Stackdriver logging, Firebase, Direct HTTP, etc.
Cloud Functions for Firebase
- This is like a wrapper around
Google Cloud Functions, with more seamless support/intergration with
Cloud Functionslisted in
Google Cloud Platform Consoleshall appear in
Firebase Consoleas well
- Support event by Firestore, Realtime Database, Remote Config, Firebase Authentication, Google Analytics for Firebase, Crashlytics, Cloud Storage, Cloud Pub/Sub, HTTP, etc.
Cloud Functions for Firebase client SDK
- Let you call functions directly from a Firebase app (so you don’t have to write http call/retrofit code)
- Supported client: iOS, Web, Android, C++, Unity
- Officially, you should call
Cloud Functions for Firebase. But, you can make Google Cloud Functions compatible for Firebase.